Last Updated: March 2023
Please note that you may be entitled to additional protections if you are a resident of California, the European Union, and certain other jurisdictions. Please see our California Privacy Addendum and EEA Privacy Addendum for further information. In addition, when we provide the Services under contract with an organization (for example, your employer), that organization controls the information processed by the Services. This Policy does not apply to the extent that we process personal information in the role of a processor on behalf of such organizations, in which case the Data Processing Addendum to our Terms of Service applies.
- How do we collect information from you?
- What type of information is collected from you?
- How is your information used?
- When do we disclose your information?
- Your choices
- How you can access and update your information
- Security measures
- Use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies
- Targeted advertising
- Your California privacy rights
- Additional disclosures for data subjects in the EEA, the U.K. and Switzerland
- How we respond to do not track signals
- Links to other websites
- Changes to this Policy
- Applicant privacy practices
- Contact us
How do we collect information from you?
LogicMonitor may obtain information about you by various means, as described more fully below.
Information We Collect Directly from You
Most commonly this is when you use our Sites, including https://www.logicmonitor.com/ , https://community.logicmonitor.com/ (the “Community”), and any others that link to this Policy that we maintain. Also, we may collect information about you when you:
- Post on the Community
- Visit us at trade shows and events
- Register or attend our webinars
- Click-through our online advertisements
- Apply for a job (Please see our separate notice for applicants)
- Sign up for our services (e.g., in your capacity as a representative of your business)
- Contact us, including through our chat feature, with an inquiry, for troubleshooting, or for any other purpose
- Post on our social media pages
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
We also collect information about you from the following sources:
- Channel Partners (Resellers, Distributors):We collect information about you from our channel partners (including Resellers and Distributors), who share information about prospects with us so that we may offer our products and services to those prospects.
- Lead generation tools:We collect information from lead generation tools, including ones through which we purchase prospect lists, and understand that they have attained required consent, where required by applicable law, to collect your personal information and share that information with us.
- Other Portfolio Companies:Where permitted by applicable law, our investors, or other portfolio companies within our investors’ portfolio, and our affiliates, may provide us with business contact information if they believe that our products might be of interest to you.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
Information About Your Use of the Services: When you browse our Site, our systems automatically collect information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of your request.
Device Information: If you access the Services through a mobile device (e.g., a smart phone or tablet), we may be able to identify the general location of your mobile device, your mobile device’s brand, model, operating system, resolution, screen size, system version, mobile network information, and your mobile device’s advertising ID.
What type of information is collected from you?
We may collect the following information:
- Biographical and contact information:Your name, company, job title, email address, phone number.
- User Posts: Any information or content you post to the Community.
- Usage Information:Your IP address, device identifier, and page you clicked before coming to our Services, information regarding what pages you accessed and when.
- Device Information:Data about the devices you use to access the Services (such as mobile device identifiers, MAC addresses, hardware model, operating system and version, and browser type and version).
- Purchase History/Customer Records:We obtain information about your purchase of products from us.
- Profiles:We may analyze information about the products that you have purchased from us, or your behavior online, to identify products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Audio:We may record calls with you for quality assurance, training, and analytics purposes.
How is your information used?
We may use your information for the following commercial and business purposes:
- Transactional purposes,such as providing the requested Services.
- To provide the Community, including to allow you to interact with other users and share information about your use of LogicMonitor products and services.
- Customer service,such as responding to your inquiries.
- Communication,such as responding to your requests for assistance or relevant updates.
- Marketing,such as to providing you with promotions we are offering, offering educational information, to inviting you to events, telling you about our products, and engaging in targeted advertising, subject to local requirements.
- Administration,such as managing our inventory, maintaining our Services, including debugging and repairing.
- Evaluating use of our Services,including which features of our Services are of most interest and for internal use and Services improvement.
- Research and development,such as improving our Services and products, and asking your opinion about our products and the market.
- Legal compliance,such as responding to a subpoena or court order.
- Security, to maintain and increase the security of the Services, including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities from occurring, as well as to protect the rights and property of LogicMonitor, our customers, and third parties.
- To protect our rights and interests and that of other users.
- For analytics purposes, to assist us in determining what products and services are of interest to consumers, to improve our products, to determine segments of persons that might be interested in our products and Services.
- For additional purposes as described to you at the time the information is collected.
We may also aggregate or deidentify any information that we collect in connection with our Services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated or de-identified information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
When do we disclose your information?
We will not sell, share, or otherwise disclose your information for purposes unrelated to those detailed in this Policy. To that end, we will take reasonable precautions to allow access to your information to only our employees, agents, contractors, or similar entities to the extent necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We may share your information in the following ways:
- Other Users in the Community. When you post content in the Community or interact with other users in the Community, we may share your information, such as your name and the content of your post, with other users in the Community.
- Service Providers:We share your data with service providers that act on our behalf pursuant to our limited instructions. Some examples include parties that provide marketing support, credit card processing, website hosting/storage services providers, CRM services, analytics, videoconferencing, order fulfillment, email and postal delivery, authentication services, and cybersecurity and anti-fraud
- Channel Partners (including Resellers, and Distributors):We may share information about you with these entities to assist us in providing a requested service to you.
- Our Investors. We disclose aggregate data about the use of our products to our investors. In limited circumstances, and where permitted by law, we may disclose personal information, including business contact information, of entities that purchase our products to our investors where we believe it necessary to do so to protect our own rights and interests, the rights and interests of other persons, or where we believe that the entity may be interested in a product offered by a different portfolio company.
- As Part of a Corporate Transaction. We may transfer your personal information to another entity as part of a sale of our business/assets or as part of any business restructuring, reorganization or other corporate transaction.
- With Your Consent. When you provide your consent to share your information, we will share it in the way(s) you specify, including when you request it be shared with others.
If you no longer wish to receive email marketing or telemarketing calls from us, you may opt-out by following the instructions contained in the email (for marketing by email) or by contacting us by email at privacy[at]logicmonitor.com or by phone at 805-617-3884 (for any type of marketing). Please note that we may continue to communicate transactional/informational messages to you by email or phone about the products that you have purchased from us for service, product updates, and related purposes.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you would like to update the personal information we hold to ensure its accuracy, please contact us by email via privacy[at]logicmonitor.com or by writing to LogicMonitor, 820 State St., 5th Floor, Santa Barbara, California 93101. Alternatively, you may contact us by phone at 805-617-3884.
You also have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information held by LogicMonitor. To exercise this right please contact us by any means noted above or by submitting a request through our form available at https://www.logicmonitor.com/data-subject-request.
The security of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us. We have implemented and we continually maintain a variety of technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. No measures, however, are 100% secure, and we recommend that you take steps to also prevent inadvertent access to your personal information.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we retain your information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, as required by law or to satisfy any legal or reporting obligations, or as necessary to resolve disputes. To determine the appropriate retention period for your information, we consider applicable legal requirements, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your information, and the purposes for which we process your information. Our service providers will retain your information solely in accordance with our instructions and will not retain your information longer than the periods mentioned above.
Use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies
The websites operated by LogicMonitor use “cookies” – small text files stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Services, cookies help us see which areas are popular and which are not. Many improvements and updates to our Services are based on data such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, and information/documents downloaded. We use the information from cookies and other tracking technologies to improve our products and services as well as to provide services better tailored to our users’ needs.
We use service providers such as Google Tag Manager to help us provide advertisements that are tailored to you based on interests that you have expressed on our websites or elsewhere (“Interest-Based Ads”). Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to these websites. Any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google’s own privacy policies. You may decide to opt-out of Google cookies by clicking here. Also, you can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt out of interest-based ads delivered by Google.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Please consult your browser’s documentation for details. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In addition, most web browsers provide help pages relating to setting cookie preferences. More information may be found for the following browsers here:
We also may place trackers, through service providers, in the emails that we send to you. These trackers help us determine whether the email was opened and viewed and assist us in evaluating the overall success of our marketing campaigns.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members. To opt-out of data collection for interest-based advertising across mobile applications by participating companies, download the DAA’s AppChoices mobile application opt-out offering here: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices. Residents of the European Union may opt-out of online behavioral advertising served by the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s participating member organizations by visiting https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services. Presently, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google LLC (“Google”) that tracks and reports site traffic. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your California privacy rights
Residents of the U.S. state of California may have additional rights under local law. If you are a resident of California, please see our California Privacy Addendum, available at: https://www.logicmonitor.com/california-privacy-addendum.
Additional disclosures for data subjects in the EEA, the U.K. and Switzerland
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom and Switzerland may have additional rights under local law. If you are a resident of one of these jurisdictions, please see our EEA Privacy Addendum, available at: https://www.logicmonitor.com/eea-privacy-addendum.
How we respond to do not track signals
Some browsers incorporate a ‘Do Not Track’ (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to browser DNT signals, we do not currently respond to them except as specifically required by law.
Links to other websites
LogicMonitor’s websites may contain links to other websites run by other organizations. This Policy applies only to our Services‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Services.
In addition, if you linked to our Services from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
LogicMonitor’s Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect or sell the personal information of children under 16.
Changes to this Policy
The date provided above indicates the last time we made changes to this Policy. We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our personal information processing practices or in applicable laws. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Policy by checking this date when you access our websites and mobile applications. In the event of a material change to this Policy, we may also notify you directly via email or a notice on our Services.
Applicant privacy practices
We also maintain notices of our applicant privacy practices for residents of U.S./California as well as our international locations, which describe our obligations for handling the personal data of individuals that apply for employment with LogicMonitor. Where applicable, those notices may be found at https://www.logicmonitor.com/legal.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to privacy[at]logicmonitor.com or by writing to LogicMonitor, 820 State St., 5th Floor, Santa Barbara, California 93101. Alternatively, you may contact us by phone at 805-617-3884.